Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lab 4 make up, Merry Christmas at St. Mary's

This week in lab started out with the gym group doing parachute games with the kids. While they were teaching their games Prof. Yang had a student do some motor skills for me to assess. I observed and took notes on how well the students performed the movements. I was assessing two students overhand throwing and catching ability. Once I was done assessing the students I got to play with the kids. At First I was supposed to work with the special project group. This group was to interview, take pictures, and eventually create a newsletter telling St. Mary's parents what occurs while we are there. Because there were already 4 people in the group professor Yang though it was best if I worked with the gym group. So we just played parachute games with the kids and once that was over we did basic tag games with them. They are very easy to run and the kids usually enjoy them. I thought this lab went very well. The students really enjoyed the Christmas theme and enjoyed playing the parachute games. It is sad that there is only one more lab left.

No comments:

Post a Comment